Friday, December 26, 2008

An Effective Method For Free or Paid

Here is a strategy that I use as both a free method and with paid advertising. It requires a bit of work, such as researching or trying to find a niche, and then writing a review page on a product that you want to sell that has to do with your chosen area. Simple, right?.....Well ...it can be if you know the steps to take!
O.K ..first we want to find a niche that might be profitable. This is the best part, because there are countless areas out there that are untapped and ready to earn you money! How to find them.....this requires a bit of time and a little brainstorming, but can be fun and also gets easier with practice. I like to use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool, and some other free tools as well. Type in any search term or phrase that comes to mind...for the sake of being random, I will use 'weddings'. Now when it returns the results, go to the drop down box in the upper right and choose 'show all'...this will give you the search volume, advertiser competition, and the month with the highest volume....top notch information for finding a niche.....One search result that jumps out at me is 'Wedding vows'.
Now this looks very promising, (I cant believe that I'm giving this one away!)...It has a search volume of 165,000 plus, the highest in July, and a very low cost per click, if you were going for the PPC advertising......Next, I go to Clickbank, and click on 'marketplace' at the top of the page and search for products that have to do with 'wedding vows'.....you can then choose one or two, write some reviews with your affiliate addresses as links and there you go. Of course this is a very short version, but I am trying to keep this short. I could write a whole book on this subject!. With a topic like wedding vows, I would probably do some research and create my own product to sell. Thats a topic for another post!
You can use either a Blog or Squidoo lens to use as your product review pages. Both both are free methods and are well liked by the search engines.......meaning you can get some very targeted and very FREE traffic .
If you would rather go the paid advertising route, I would suggest the best way is to make your own landing page on your own site. This is not free but can pay for itself easily. One such way is by getting your own domain and hosting for $10 a month, pick up some referrals and it becomes self funding.
I have to keep this post short (holidays...family) but will be back with more in depth material.

No comments: